The health and safety provision at pre construction stage for all construction projects is the responsibility of the Client and the Principal Designer.
JAB offers both Principal Designer services direct for Clients and a Principal Designer Advisor service designed for Architects and Construction Professionals who intend to take on the role of Principal Designers under their own practice.
As CDM and Health and Safety professionals we offer support to your existing team to ensure you deliver a fully compliant Principal Designer role on all projects.
OUR PRINCIPAL DESIGNER SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Ensure that local HSE office is notified (Client Duty).
- Meet with the Client and explain their duties under CDM 2015.
- Identify foreseeable risks by carrying out a CDM Health & Safety Workshops & Design Review at key project stages..
- Attend design team meetings to ensure designers are complying with their duties.
- Plan, manage, monitor and coordinate CDM during the pre-construction phase.
- Produce and Manage the CDM Design Risk Register.
- Review existing H&S and survey information and identify additional survey requirements.
- Prepare a Pre-Construction Information pack for issue to Designers, Principal Contractors & Contractors.
- Review the Principal Contractors Construction Phase Plan on behalf of the Client (Client Duty).
- Liaise with the Principal Contractor during the construction phase in relation to Health and Safety and ongoing design.
- Prepare the Health and Safety File for issue to the Client on completion of the project.
- Provide practical CDM advice, available as and when required to answer CDM / H&S queries.